2012年4月25日 星期三

Your 8 hourly digest for Blogs - All topics

Blogs - All topics
Mayo Clinic experts blog about various health topics. // via fulltextrssfeed.com
Eat fresh and enjoy the flavors of spring
Apr 25th 2012, 05:00

  • image.alt
  • With Mayo Clinic nutritionists

    Jennifer Nelson, M.S., R.D. and Katherine Zeratsky, R.D.

    read biography

Free

E-Newsletters

Subscribe to receive the latest updates on health topics. About our newsletters

  • Nutrition-wise blog

  • April 25, 2012

    By Jennifer Nelson, M.S., R.D. and Katherine Zeratsky, R.D.

Spring is a season of fresh starts. I find this motivates me to try something new. Years ago, I did try something new — planting asparagus. I failed. But two years ago I tried again in a new location with a bit more sun. Much to my surprise, I have asparagus. Well, I have spindles for stalks. Still this is progress. And I can easily supplement my harvest with fresh asparagus from the grocery store or farmers market.

Another much anticipated spring crop is morel mushrooms. For those of you who know and love morels, I need not say more. For those who are intrigued and looking for a new spring treat, try morels. Check the farmers market or find an experienced mushroom hunter and go for a walk in the woods.

Asparagus and morel mushrooms are great additions to savory recipes or tasty on their own — grilled, broiled, roasted or sauteed. Here's a recipe that combines them, compliments of our own Chef Mark Beland.

Roasted asparagus and wild mushrooms

1 pound asparagus, cut in 1-inch pieces
2 cups morel or other mushrooms, cut in quarters
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Zest of one lemon
1 teaspoon black pepper

Combine all ingredients in a glass bowl or large sealable food bag. Toss to coat. Let marinate for 1 to 2 hours in the refrigerator. Turn on broiler to high. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, turning vegetables over once or until lightly browned.

Enjoy!
Katherine

blog index

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

沒有留言:

張貼留言