2017年8月10日 星期四

What Gabrielle Union REALLY Thinks of Social Media Haters

It's just one of the many reasons she's our girl crush.
Email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.
 
Health
Hey there, Health readers:

Were you scrolling Instagram before you opened this email? I'm not judging—I was probably doing the same! But I've got social media on the brain thanks to our cover star Gabrielle Union's oh-so-candid commentary on the subject.

She's human, just like us, and admits she's a little sensitive to cyber nastiness: "If it kinda strikes a nerve, I need to know who said it. I deep dive into their social media. No one who's ever said anything super negative to me has an amazing life. Once I realized that, it's different than, like, J.Lo saying, 'Her squat form wasn't right.' Because she would know. But you, in your mom's basement, really?"

(Check out the rest of the interview while you sip your coffee: Union dishes on everything from the struggle of buying tampons when you're famous to her relatable end-of-day habit.)

Union isn't the only celeb slamming critics and promoting self-love:

• Hilary Duff shared a paparazzi bathing suit photo to proudly show off her "flaws."

• Katherine Heigl got candid about her 50-pound weight gain during pregnancy—and accepting the "glorious imperfections that would forever grace my new post-baby body."

• And Chloë Grace Moretz recalled a time a male costar fat-shamed her.

A few more headlines you can't miss this week: There's a new sticker product that seals shut the opening of the penis and claims to be a great condom alternative (spoiler: it's NOT a great condom alternative, and experts explain why). New research warned that loneliness could become an even bigger public health threat than obesity. Watching the eclipse on August 21 could burn your eyes if you don't protect your peepers . Oh, and knitted kicks are the sneaker trend to rock this fall. Here are 12 styles handpicked by our fitness editor.

Before I let you get back to your Thursday, I thought I'd sign off with this text message I just got from my mom: "Work hard today. Smile a lot. Do a good deed. Be true."

Take care,

Jacqueline Andriakos
Senior editor

沒有留言:

張貼留言


追蹤者

網誌存檔

總網頁瀏覽量